Your Kid’s Urgent Care is a pediatric urgent care that offers a multitude of services for children, infants, and adolescents up to age 21. The mission of the company is to enhance the lives of children, their families, and the community by providing superior and compassionate care to patients. We do this through a team-based approach to care, so the ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a team-based environment where everyone works for the good of patients and other staff.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is committed to providing patients with the highest quality of pediatric urgent care. We uphold high standards when it comes to training and staying abreast the latest trends as well as using best practices in order to provide high quality care every time.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is open 7 days a week. Currently, the Vestavia location is open Monday - Friday 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm; and Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about improving the lives of children.
The Patient Relations Coordinator performs general receptionist and related clerical duties. Greets and checks in patients, verifies insurance, collects payments, and maintains patient records and accounts. Performs other clinical work as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them in person or on the phone, answers questions and directs them through the registration process.
- Answers multi-line phones and completes daily patient callbacks.
- Performs filing, faxing, scanning and data entry of documentation.
- Assists patients during discharge and aftercare
- Collects all insurance information, processes payments, posts patient balances and completes phone sheets.
- Verifies patient demographics and enters into computer.
- Prepares cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms, as well as supplies and equipment
- Take patient’s vitals and record results on the Triage Form and in the EMR Chart.
- Assists clinical staff as needed.
- Responsible for handling confidential records. Verifies information for correctness, places paperwork in proper sequence for physician examination or treatment, and files or distributes data in appropriate place.
- Maintains a neat and clean work environment including waiting room, front desk, bathroom and breakroom.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School degree; plus 2 years' experience in a physician's office.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work within company’s EMR (EMDs) and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize duties and manage multiple projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and job responsibilities.