Your Kid’s Urgent Care is a pediatric urgent care that offers a multitude of services for children, infants, and adolescents up to age 21. The mission of the company is to enhance the lives of children, their families, and the community by providing superior and compassionate care to patients. We do this through a team-based approach to care, so the ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a team-based environment where everyone works for the good of patients and other staff.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is committed to providing patients with the highest quality of pediatric urgent care. We uphold high standards when it comes to training and staying abreast the latest trends as well as using best practices in order to provide high quality care every time.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is open 7 days a week. Currently, the Largo location is open Monday - Friday 6:00PM - 10:00PM; and Saturday and Sunday 12:00PM - 8:00PM.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about improving the lives of children.
$50.00 - $60.00 HOURLY RATE
The Nurse Practitioner provides care to children from birth through young adult. This person examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections and illnesses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provided below are the key duties of the job. However, other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the team to provide examination and treatment of pediatric patients.
- Performs procedural care, assessment and treatment of acute injuries, infections, illnesses, asthma care and etc.
- Provides minor laceration repair with an adhesive or sutures; removes staples and sutures.
- Provides preliminary interpretation of x-ray with a radiology over-read.
- Prescribes and interprets appropriate lab tests to gain more information for possible infections or abnormalities.
- Keeps and maintains appropriate records relating to all professional services rendered.
- Prepares and reviews reports, claims, and correspondence. Ensures that records and documentation are in compliance with Federal and State regulations
- Provides telemedicine services to pediatric patients.
- Prescribes medication and treatment for the patient.
- Recommends appropriate physical and dietary routines and methods for disease prevention and maintaining personal hygiene.
- Refers the patient to other physicians or appropriate resources when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program; plus, 2 years of related experience required.
- Active Certification by the Board of Nursing as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP-BC/FNP-BC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Knowledge of Urgent Care Procedures
- Outstanding diagnostic and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of related OHSA and CLIA guidelines and requirements, general office tasks, confidentiality and etc.
- Up to speed knowledge of drugs/medications appropriate for children and their side-effects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand, navigate and learn company’s EMR as well as experience with MS Windows, Microsoft Office 360
- Ability to delegate and make sound clinical judgments with patient safety as a top priority
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.