Your Kid’s Urgent Care is a pediatric urgent care that offers a multitude of services for children, infants, and adolescents up to age 21. The mission of the company is to enhance the lives of children, their families, and the community by providing superior and compassionate care to patients. We do this through a team-based approach to care, so the ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a team-based environment where everyone works for the good of patients and other staff.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is committed to providing patients with the highest quality of pediatric urgent care. We uphold high standards when it comes to training and staying abreast the latest trends as well as using best practices in order to provide high quality care every time.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is open 7 days a week. Currently, the Vestavia location is open Monday - Friday open 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm; and Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about improving the lives of children.
The Medical Assistant coordinates daily administrative activities including scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance. Prepares treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assists Providers with medical procedures and other patient care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms, as well as supplies and equipment.
- Greets patients and guests as soon as they arrive.
- Requests patients’ name and inquire whether they are suffering from a fever, trauma or experiencing any breathing problems.
- Determines if patient is a new or an established patient
- Calls patients back and escorts patients from the waiting room to scale/vitals area
- Obtains and records patient medical histories, vitals, test results, and other information for medical records.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatments.
- Collects background information for the Provider.
- Assists the Provider during exams.
- Answers phone calls and returns messages within 24 hours. Assists Providers in responding to calls.
- Maintains sample medication records.
- Prepares and administers medications to patients as directed by Providers.
- Provides care coordination with Primary Care Physicians, hospital, ER, and community resources.
- Develops relationship with patients as an integral member of the medical team.
- Provides follow-up contact with patients.
- Ensures compliance with all healthcare regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School degree; plus 1 years of related experience.
- Medical Assistant Certification.
- CPR Certification
- A basic understanding of patient care, medical terminology, coding procedures, reference tools, and appropriate clinical pharmacology.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize duties and manage multiple projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and job responsibilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work within company’s EMR (EMDs) and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.