Your Kid’s Urgent Care is a pediatric urgent care that offers a multitude of services for children, infants, and adolescents up to age 21. The mission of the company is to enhance the lives of children, their families, and the community by providing superior and compassionate care to patients. We do this through a team-based approach to care, so the ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a team-based environment where everyone works for the good of patients and other staff.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is committed to providing patients with the highest quality of pediatric urgent care. We uphold high standards when it comes to training and staying abreast the latest trends as well as using best practices in order to provide high quality care every time.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is open 7 days a week. Currently, the Orlando location is open Monday - Friday 3pm - 9pm; and Saturday and Sunday 12pm - 8pm.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about improving the lives of children.
The X-Ray Technician takes radiographic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as per Provider written orders. This position prepares patients for x-ray procedures, assists Providers with x-ray image evaluation and ensures that patients are exposed to limited amounts of radiation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies patients' identity and reviews Providers orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Makes x-rays as ordered by Provider.
- Calms patients and makes sure that they fully understand how the procedure works.
- Positions patients for x-rays, which may include lifting and moving them.
- Covers patients with protective materials to avoid over-exposure to radiation.
- Ensures that x-ray machines are set at the correct radiation levels.
- Confirms that x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Studies x-ray films to prepare a detailed report for Providers.
- Works closely with the Providers to determine whether further tests are required.
- Ensures that x-ray equipment is regularly serviced and in good working order.
- Maintains radiology supplies and reorders when needed.
- Promptly notifies management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintains an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
- Works collaboratively with other team members. Assists with lab and medical assistant duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in Radiologic Technology or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. university or college; plus 1 year of related experience required.
- Certification through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Appropriate state licensure as a Radiologic Technologist.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work within company’s EMR (EMDs) and Microsoft Office programs.