Your Kid’s Urgent Care is a pediatric urgent care that offers a multitude of services for children, infants, and adolescents up to age 21. The mission of the company is to enhance the lives of children, their families, and the community by providing superior and compassionate care to patients. We do this through a team-based approach to care, so the ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a team-based environment where everyone works for the good of patients and other staff.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is committed to providing patients with the highest quality of pediatric urgent care. We uphold high standards when it comes to training and staying abreast the latest trends as well as using best practices in order to provide high quality care every time.
Your Kid's Urgent Care is open 7 days a week. Currently, the Vestavia location is open Monday - Friday 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm; and Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about improving the lives of children.
The Lab Technician assists the providers with the diagnosis process. This position collects lab specimens, performs basic lab tests, and coordinates with external labs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up and run lab tests as directed by providers.
- Read and release test results.
- Maintain daily logs, document all requests and results of lab work accurately.
- Draw blood from patient’s finger or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain appropriate blood samples.
- Performs equipment maintenance activities.
- Performs quality control and calibration in timely manner.
- Responds to all lab messages and call back requests.
- Utilizes lab software as well as any other lab equipment according to the proper procedure and instruction.
- Ensures all related reports, labs and information is filed and available in patient’s medical records
- Maintains accurate patient information in EMR.
- Maintains lab supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt.
- Maintains logs and required checks (i.e., refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.).
- Assists clinic team as needed to provide excellent patient care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School degree; plus 1 year of related experience.
- Lab Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running and reading lab tests and operating lab instruments
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize duties and manage multiple projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and job responsibilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work within company’s EMR (EMDs) and Microsoft Office programs.